From a farming family background, William Shouler sets up in business as an auctioneer & land agent in rural Bedforshire.
William Shouler moves to Melton Mowbray on marrying Sarah Brown who is from a Leicestershire farming family.
William Shouler plays a pivotal role in the relocation of the town’s livestock market to Scalford Road where it remains to this day.
A decade after the death of its founder, Shouler & Son relocates its business premises in the town to Norman Street.
Economic & social reforms after WW1 & WW2 created new opportunities for clients with land & property holdings.
Post 1945, and with policies supporting farming & food production, the agricultural side of the business thrived.
The family firm continued to prosper in widening its services to cover residential & business premises as well as rural land & farm related property matters.
Arthur Shouler, William’s grandson funded the purchase of a site in the town next to the market place from the County Council and donated it to Melton Mowbray Town
Shouler & Son purchases the former county primary school building on Kings Road for use as its auction rooms where it operates today the County Auction Rooms.
Shouler & Son merges with local estate agency Walker, Walton & Hanson and locates the property & sales side of the business to Wilton Road while the agricutural & professional practice joins the auctioneers at the Kings Road site.
Ben Shouler - 6th generation family member & great, great, great grandson of founder, William Shouler joins the firm.
Shouler & Son consolidates all its offices in Melton Mowbray to the Kings Road site, now the head office for residential, rural & commercial property agency, professional services practice, auction house and valuation services.