A compact residential livestock farm in a good location with a farmhouse and a range of excellent farm buildings suited for livestock production with the ability to house over 400 head of cattle. Available as a whole. Farmhouse, Farm Buildings and 80 acres or thereabouts.
Crown Farm is located approximately half a mile to the East of the village of Nailstone via the B585 and is approximately 9 miles from Hinkley, 14 miles from Leicester and 17 miles from Tamworth. The towns provide a good range of employment and education facilities.
Basic Payment Scheme:
The land is registered with the Rural Payments Agency for the Basic Payment Scheme. The Basic Payment Scheme Entitlements will be included in the sale.
The land has not been entered into any Agri-Environmental schemes.
The farm is situated in a nitrate vulnerable zone.
The vendor will continue to work the farm for the 2020/21 growing season and would expect the purchaser to buy the crop from the vendor at cost basis only.
The farm benefits from mains water that includes troughs in the pasture fields.
Public Rights of Way, Wayleaves and Easements:
The property is being sold subject to all Rights of Way, whether public or private and subject to all Easements and Wayleaves whether specifically mentioned or not. Public footpaths have been identified by a green line in the particulars of sale.
Sporting, Mineral, Timber etc.:
The sporting and standing timber rights are as far as they are owned, included in the sale. The mineral rights are not owned.
Hinkley & Bosworth Borough Council, Hinkley Hub, Rugby Road, Hinkley LE10 0FR. Telephone: 01455 238141.
Value Added Tax:
The land is not elected for Value Added Tax.
Method of Sale:
The freehold property is offered for sale by private treaty. Offers are invited for the whole only.
Strictly by prior arrangement with the agent, Shouler & Son.
Fishers Solicitors, Ivanhoe Business Park, Unit R, Ashby-de-la-Zouch LE65 2AB
The Farm Buildings:
See plan within particulars for numbering.
- Cattle Yard 100ft x 95ft. 16ft to the eaves. Steel portal frame under fibre cement roof with concrete block walling and Yorkshire boarding to eaves. Concrete floor with centre feed passage and multiple access. 3 phase electricty. Constructed in 2005.
- Catttle Yard 105ft x 50ft to include cantilever. 16ft to eaves. Steel portal frame under fibre cement roof with concrete block walling. Yorkshire boarding to 3 sides and cattle feed barriers to front. Concrete floor. 3 phase electricty. Constructed in 2008.
- Catttle Yard 75ft x 40ft to include cantilever. 12ft to eaves. Steel portal frame under fibre cement roof with block walling and Yorkshire boarding to 3 sides and cattle feed barriers to front. Concrete floor. 3 phase electricty. Constructed in 2000.
- Multipurpose building 140ft x 66ft. 12ft to eaves. Concrete frame with asbestos roof and brickwork sides. The building is split into 5 sections each with seperate access with the whole area benefitting from a concrete floor. 3 phase electricty. Originally constructed in the 1960's with later additions in the 1980's.
- Storage shed 60ft x 20ft.
- Storage shed.
- Cattle Yard 90ft x 75ft. 16ft to eaves. Steel portal framed under asbestos roof with concrete block walling. Yorkshire boarding to eaves and concrete floor. 3 phase electric. Constructed in the 1980's.
- Produce building 120ft x 60ft. 20ft to eaves on one side and 24ft to eaves on the other side. Steel portal framed with box profile sheets to roof and sides. Single open access with solid earth floor. Constructed in 2019.
- Silage clamp. Earth banked silage clamp with hard-core floor. Under road plainings to hold in excess of 1,000 tonnes of silage.
See plan within particulars for layout.
This very well presented detached farmhouse stands in large formal gardens to the front of the farm with stunning views over open countryside in all directions. Approached via wrought iron electric gates the driveway leads to an extensive parking and turning area and on to the farm yard and buildings.
The extended family accomodation has oil fired central heating, sealed unit double glazing and offers very generous living space.
The property comprises:
Entrance Hall with vaulted ceiling, leading to inner hall with stairs off.
Large Living Room with windows to front, side and rear and patio doors to side, stone open fireplace, 2 radiators, oak flooring.
Kitchen/Dining Room with window to side and patio door to rear, floor standing cupboards, granite worktops. Belfast sink, oil fired AGA, tiled floor with underfloor heating, large walk in pantry.
Side Hall with door and window to front, tiled floor with underfloor heating.
Utility Room with window to rear, plumbing for washing machine, floor mounted Worcester oil central heating boiler, tiled floor with underfloor heating combi boiler, tiled floor with under floor heating.
Office with window to rear tiled floor with underfloor heating.
Wetroom door to front and window to side, w.c., wash basin, shower with under floor heating.
First Floor Landing with window to front and loft access.
Bedroom 1 with window to rear and radiator.
Bedroom 2 with window to front, radiator, tiled fireplace and built in wardrobe.
Bedroom 3 with window to rear, built in wardrobe and airing cupboard.
Shower Room with window to the side, w.c., wash basin and corner shower cubicle, tiled walls.
Outside formal lawned gardens with patio areas and mature Beech hedging.
Approximate gross floor area 2,023 sq. feet, 187.94 sq. metres.
"I just wanted to touch base with you, to say how delighted David is with the house in Oakham. It already looks lovely, immaculate, and hes more settled (already), than Ive ever seen him. Thank you for making the whole process so easy and uncomplicated. I have worked in estate agency and your customer care and service has made me realise why I loved it!"